Servings: 40-45 (depends on how big/thick you cut the crackers)
- 200g ground almonds
- 2 eggs
- Garlic powder
- Sesame seeds (optional)
- Coarse sea salt (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 175C (350F)
- Mix the ground almonds, salt, pepper, garlic powder and one egg. You can use a hand mixer to blend the ingredients.
- Once the dough becomes firmer and stickier, use your hands to form a ball.
- Place the dough on parchment paper and place another piece of parchment paper on top.
- Roll out the dough to about 0.5 cm (0.2 in) thickness.
- Remove the top parchment paper and put it in the baking tray. Use a cookie cutter or a small glass to cut circles from the dough.
- Place the cut-out dough on the baking tray and mix the rest of the dough into a ball again.
- Repeat rolling out and cutting the dough until you are out of it. You might need to use two baking trays or bake in two batches.
- Take the other egg, whisk it and brush it over the crackers. You can add sesame seeds or coarse salt to them if you want.
- Bake for around 12-15 minutes, until slightly brown*.
- Serve and enjoy!
*The thinner you roll the dough, the faster they will be done. Also, thinner cut crackers will be crispier, so roll them out to your liking.
Nutritional information (per 1 cracker – based on 45 in total):
- Calories: 45
- Fat: 2.7 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
- Sodium: 42.2 mg
- Potassium: 0 mg
- Carbohydrates: 0.2 g
- Protein: 1.9 g