- 1 cup (175 g) ground almonds
- 1 cup (175 g) desiccated coconut
- 1 oz (30 g) butter, melted
- 8 oz (225 g) cream cheese
- 60 ml sour cream
- ¼ cup xylitol
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 11 oz (325 g) strawberries, fresh or frozen
- 2 tbsp xylitol
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 150 ml sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 350 F (175 C).
- Mix the almonds and the coconut in a large bowl. Add melted butter and mix until it sticks together but is still crumbly (you might need to add more butter here if the mixture is too dry).
- Grease a cake pan with butter and press the crust mixture so it’s evenly spread out. Bake for 5-7 minutes.
- In a large bowl (I used the same one as I did for the crust, less dishes to wash), mix the cream cheese, sour cream, xylitol, egg and lemon juice with a hand mixer until combined.
- Once the crust is slightly golden, take it out of the oven and let it cool a bit. Pour in the cheese mixture and put back into the oven for 20-25 minutes, until the cheese is set. Depending on your oven this can take anywhere between 15 and 30 minutes so keep an eye on it while it bakes.
- Combine the strawberries, xylitol and lemon juice in a pot over a medium-low heat. Mash the strawberries with a fork or potato masher until you get a thick sauce. Remove from the heat and let cool.
- Once the strawberries have cooled down, mix in the sour cream.
- When the cheese layer is done, remove the cake from the oven, let cool slightly and pour in the strawberry layer. Bake for another 25-30 minutes (again depending on your stove), until the top layer has set.
- Remove from the oven and let cool on the rack. Once it’s completely cooled down, place in the fridge and let set for about 2 hours.
- Remove from the fridge and the cake pan, serve, and enjoy!
Nutritional value (per serving):
- Calories: 270
- Fat: 24 g
- Cholesterol: 16 mg
- Carbohydrate: 9 g
- Protein: 5 g