Time: 8 hours
- 500g (1lb) Beef Round Bottom (or any other beef cut that works with a slow cooker) – in one piece
- 1/2 Onion – sliced
- 250 g Chestnut Mushroom – quartered
- 500g (1 carton) Tomato Passata
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 300ml water
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- Fresh parsley
- Mix the tomato passata with salt, pepper, garlic powder and Worcestershire sauce and set aside.
- Put the onion and the mushrooms in the slow cooker and add the meat on top.
- Cover the meat and veggies with the tomato mix and add the bay leaves and water.
- Stir with a wooden spoon to mix everything together and nicely coat the meat in sauces.
- Cook on low for 7 hours.
- Use wooden spoons to shred the beef into smaller pieces in the cooker. You can also take the meat out on a board and shred it with forks. If you do it like this, be sure to return all the lovely juices in the cooker with the meat.
- Turn up the heat to high and mix in one tablespoon of Dijon mustard. Cover and let simmer for a couple of minutes.
- Taste and add more seasoning.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and serve with lettuce or any other veggies of your choice. It works nicely with cooked broccoli florets!
Nutritional information (1 serving):
- Calories: 295
- Fat: 16g
- Cholesterol: 94mg
- Sodium: 243mg
- Potassium: 24mg
- Carbohydrates: 8g
- Protein: 28g